Thursday 3 July 2014

negative, reference, and opportunity knocks

1 The doctor walked in with a smile on his face and said, "Good morning, I've got good news for you!" I think my breath came out in a big whoosh and my smile matched his.
2 I'd had to walk away from the hospital job because night shifts just wouldn't work for me. So it came as a surprise when the phone rang and it was the hospital supervisor. A job has come up at another hospital doing just switchboard and no nights. She asks if I'd like a reference for the position and I do. I'm grateful that she wasn't so angry anymore and was generous in her assistance to me.
3 My new boss calls and offers me the casual position over the phone. When I ask her if she'd like to interview me she says no because all that work piece for HR has already been done and then she says, " When would you be able to start?" It's another great opportunity!

No comments: