Tuesday 15 July 2014

i can, fire, planes,, and watch this

1 This weekend I do my first shift alone and I'm a wee bit nervous. I'm certain I'll have the knowledge to know what to do and where to find information. I know I can do this!
2 Coming out of the store we see smoke on the backside of the mountain near the kids place. It spread so fast and soon we have firefighters, planes dropping retardants and helicopters dropping water. The fire is now contained but not controlled. The smoke is thick and hazy and we can't even see to the city up the lake. The wind is light so far, let's hope it stays that way.
2a The planes dropping the fire retardants have a bird dog that flies through first then they swoop in and drop. They must have nerves of steel.
3 Mr P spends time today working on our reverse osmosis water filtration system. He's taken it apart, cleaned it, gotten new parts and now as he installs it he watches YouTube instructions. Hooray for the inter web!

1 comment:

Leonora said...

Learning new things, as in a new job, keeps us sharp. (That's what I tell myself : )
I'm glad the fire was contained. It must have been a spectacle to watch those planes and helicopters in action!
I've lost count the number of times Youtube has helped us- with everything from bookkeeping to auto repair.