Sunday 13 April 2014

oh dear, planting, and strachi

1 We wash his cell phone! Oh lord, it's a day of panic! But his choice is a new Sony and the fees are relatively low so we spend the bulk of the day getting a phone and setting it up.
2 The bedding plants are in the garden centers now and it's just too tempting not to go look. I only get six nice ones that will be perfect for the hanging baskets on the upper deck. It's fun to think about choosing plants that will attract the hummingbirds and bees.
3 The kids enjoy the dinner we bring with us for Sunday dinner. Usually it's at our house but because we're working on the stump we decide this is much easier. I've made Strachi. My Italian friend gave me the recipe but I'm  not sure that's what it's really called. It's home made crepes filled with either thick spaghetti sauce or a cheese filling (ricotta, parmesan, egg and spinach), this is all smothered in a thinner sauce and then parmesan, romano cheese. Baked to cook through and eat. It's light and delicious. I think I'll make this more often as the reviews were very good!

No comments: