Saturday 24 November 2012

post, cat and recipes

1 The blog post was entitled, "winds of change". It  reminds me of how fear can sometimes strangle us in its icy grip unless we are brave enough to embrace it. Then that fear loosens it's hold and melts away. When that happens there is opportunity, challenge and that's when we can really grow.

2 We have a cat. A very typical cat. She is snobby, meowy, standoffish (unless it's Russ), she prances about and can be very demanding but we love her because of all that. Recently she's decided to weave in my ankles again and again while I'm in the kitchen. She thinks she'll get soft food if she tries hard enough. She's right.

3 The fridge is stocked with fresh vegetables and the freezer has some organic chipolte burgers and lamb. He's home Monday and I'm not working so it'll be fun to have someone to cook for. We are trying to eat gluten free. I'm looking for a good cookie recipe if anyone is willing to share....yes please!

1 comment:

Leonora said...


#1 is so true. If we never experience adversity or conquer fear, chances are we will not grow.
I'm with you on #3- giving it a go. I've only tried making pie crust so far,with gluten free flour and it was very hard and crumbly. So I don't have recipes to share just yet. The King Arthur gluten-free flour says you can simply substitute it in your favorite recipe. It's very pricey, but that's what I'm experimenting with.