Wednesday 5 September 2012

over there, good results and satisifed

1 Our trip to Gabriola Island to get the rest of the kids stuff from their house is short and sweet. We get it all together quickly, tie it down and are the last ones on the ferry back!

2 What began rather stressful discussion turned into a productive talk with us both leaving it with good feelings. We made some decisions and will work to use the communication model more often. Why you ask? Because it works.

'The Communication Model'

Perception - I see, hear, taste. touch, smell
Interpretation - I think, assume, imagine, believe
Feelings - I feel close/distant, positive/negative, comfortable/uncomfortable, open/closed
Curiosity - Check with other
Intention - What I want to do
Action - What I will do

3 Iced coffee on a warm day, with a ginger cookie = satisfaction.

No comments: