Saturday 22 September 2012

longer than intended, dog and clean up

1 On my morning walk I run into a neighbour that I've recently met and am getting to know. B and I end up walking past the golf course which is about 2 km away and find tons of blackberry bushes that still have luscious berries on them. Our walk ends up being so much longer because we keep stopping to pick them. When we get back she treats me to a lunch of chicken salad and ginger tea. Good thing...I'd forgotten to eat breakfast!

2 There's a fellow who walks his black lab every morning and afternoon. He tells me his dog's name is Tony. Tony is a big boy, probably 70 pounds and has an amazing amount of energy. I must be sure to get him a few dog cookies for when they stop by on their walks.

3 The back of the truck is now 3/4 full. I mowed the lawns and cut back a nut tree which makes more sense to keep smaller, hydrangea which is so far onto the grass that the sprinkler can't water underneath it so it's dried out, garden waste from the smaller gardens and from the little area near the back patio doors. And there's more to come! Gardens are lovely but an amazing amount of work/therapy.

No comments: