Friday 9 March 2018

surprise, hopeful, & see the stars

1 The kidlets get a fun surprise on Monday when I pick them up from school unexpectedly. Kesler sees me, makes eye contact and says "Hi!" then he runs right to me and grabs my hand. My heart just loves that he's making a connection. Miss Izzy sees me and says, "I thought I saw Grampa! I know I saw his car. But it's okay that it's you. I love you so much Grama." Sigh, life is better with the littles in it.

2 The sun finally comes out and warms the earth. The birds are coming to the feeder and Zoe takes up her spot on the deck eyeing them, making little bird sounds, hopeful that one day she might escape and go hunting.

3 The hot tub is smokin' hot and we indulge in a soak. The clouds are gone and the sky is clear. Time for star gazing and relaxation. Oh, and of course a glass of wine, or two.


No comments: