Wednesday 28 March 2018

road trip again, hearts, dear friends, road conditions & NIck

1 We took a trip to the Kootenays and worked on the house. The plan was to clean and paint but the reality of what we actually needed to do was not quite in sync with my expectations. Cleaning continues. Painting to come. The house really has morphed from our efforts so far. 

2 My sister and I share a beautiful heart to heart. I'm so proud of her for being open to sharing and for being real. It's never easy starting over.

3 Our dear friends host us again while we are working on this project. They comfort and support us, fill our bellies with delicious foods and coffees and we even find chocolate bunnies and a beautiful mug as gifts on our bed. 



4 The road conditions for the drive over to the house was a winter weather combo, snow, hail, fog, rain, bits of sun. But the drive back was sunny and blue skies all the way. Funny what a difference a day makes. 


5 Nick sends me a text that says, "Dinner tomorrow? Your kitchen, my ingredients." Of course I said yes! He brings ingredients and wok and teaches me how to make Pad Thai! Oh sweet love. Delicious, and a great visit. I'm so happy he's home in Canada, close by and eager for family time. 

No comments: