Wednesday 10 August 2011

alarm, maze and red lips

1. Today's the first day I work at the union office on my own. As I pull into the parking lot, I realize I didn't get any training on the alarm system but I figure if I read the instructions on the wall and stay calm I'll figure it out and all will be well. Hah! I panic and it goes off, blaring to the neighboring offices and houses nearby! I eventually figure out how to disarm it and the sound ends. I did it and didn't get a visit from the police!  
2. The work she gives me is similar to letters I've done before. The tricky part is finding the actual letters in the maze of a filing system they've created. I do find them, eventually. I'm sure there's an easier solution, but I'm the new temp and will bide my time.
3. The cherries are plump and bursting with flavour. It reminds me of when my sister and I were little and would paint our lips bright red with the cherry bits.

No comments: