Friday 10 June 2011

extra snuggles, the plant and smelling

1. I put her in her crib and she snuggled down into the blankets, then realized I wasn't there then started to cry. Really cry, the big tears kind. I put her blanket on my shoulder, picked her up and held her close soothing her. She doesn't being alone at all, so extra snuggles are in order.Two rounds of BaaBaaBlack Sheep and she was asleep. I held her for a long while before placing her in her crib.

2.  I've never had a rosemary plant that survived the winter, so zipping outside to snip some fresh sprigs for the roast lamb is exciting.The aroma melds with the cooking lamb filling the house with a richness that makes my mouth water. The lamb roast will be perfect for us tonight.

3. She has mastered the art of smelling flowers. Today the flowers (snow in summer I think it's called) and she had it up to her little nose sniffing it. Loudly but distinctly.

1 comment:

Leonora said...

I was excited when I discovered Rosemary would survive the winter in Virginia. Back home in upstate NY, nothing survived!