Sunday 14 October 2012

zoned out, smells and what a surprise

1 It's a blustery morning and running in it is a challenge. The sound of my feet pounding the pavement is rhythmic and soon I get in the zone.
2 The apple caramel butter is coming along nicely. I add cinnamon and nutmeg and the caramel scent softens and deepens filling the house with its' goodness.
3 There are hardly any booths at the farmer's market. Perhaps it's because of the cool rainy day or maybe it's just that time of year when everyone is finishing their gardens and want to spend time doing other things. Potatoes were on my list but no vendors had any except the bread man was listening and said he'd bought a huge bag at a different market and would share his with me. So for a dollar he gives me a huge bag of lovely yukon golds. What a kind and sweet gesture. Note to self: pay it forward.

1 comment:

Leonora said...

It's been blustery here too!
Oh, number 2 sounds SO good!