Tuesday 22 May 2012

It's good to be home

We have been away on a short holiday before my honey headed to work in Saskatchewan. It's good to be home but it's always best when he's here too. Here's my catch up ....note to self, let people know when you're going to be away!

May 16 - 22
1 A ferry trip that's rather quiet means we can have a quick bite to eat and then a sleep before our drive.
2 The drive is fun with walkie talkies. He takes the lead and gives me to scoop as we travel.
3 I thought taking two cars might be a drag but it's not so bad
4 The kids are happy to see us and we are happy too.
5 Isabelle thinks Grandpa is the best. Her eyes are often on him just watching and taking it all in.
6 A trip to the park means, slides, swings and monkey bars. I'm thinking he had almost as much fun as Isabelle. 
7 Kes is such a little doll. He is so good natured and sweet. I just want to hold him all the time and say silly goo goo to him and see him smile. He's so much like his dad it melts my heart even more. Big love!
8 G and F are great hosts as always. We start catching up like we've never been apart.
9 Best friends
10 Our visit is short but full of feelings and hugs.
11 Their view is all that is Nelson. Mountains, trees, lakes and warm, so warm. <3
12 They are making their way east this summer, so we stop in to see our friends S & T. She's having a pottery on the porch sale with cookies and sangria to boot. Sorry I didnt' see any boots for sale but did contemplate stealing her red ones! 
13 Boys will be boys! Comparing cell phones hah geeks!
14 A day or two with my sister and brother means we can reconnect and just be together. (he doesn't want his photo on here but he's pretty damn handsome) It was great to see my brother and help him resettle into his home and just hug him and know he's alright. He's doing just fine 
5 My sister and her man  
16 My sister and me 
17 A Saturday night fire plus a dinner of Russian foods; borstch and pyrahi.I love the smell of campfire on my clothes and food in my belly!
18 A Sunday with my sister - movies and BBQ, perfect! 
19 On the road again, I treat myself to a rice krispie square. Can you say sugar coma? But it was damn good!
20 Another night with the grandbabies means we get to cuddle some more and we get to skpe with N and S in China! They're thinking of maybe coming this way for Christmas! Wouldn't that be amazing!?
21 Home <3 and the cat is happy to see me. Who knew? 

1 comment:

Leonora said...

Wow, You had TONS of love packed into this trip!
Crossing my fingers for you to have the Christmas visit in #20 : )