Tuesday 31 January 2012

his book, her book and mowing in february?

1 I'm going back in time and remembering a book my oldest son loved reading and having read to him. It was a very simple book describing a tow truck who sets out to rescue "cars in a jam". As he goes out one day, he finds a broken down truck that just happens to be another tow truck.He continues to find more tow trucks that have broken down, hooks them all up and ends up towing about four other tow trucks, each with their own problem. "Tire gone squish, bumpety-wush, gas to low, stuck in the snow..." As the tow truck is towing the other injured tows, he starts to petition his engine, his tires and all of his vital parts to function well, explaining that if he gives out, All the trucks will be in a jam. I wonder if he remembers this part, "with my red lights turning and my blue lights winking and my headlights burning and my green lights blinking" ?
2. His favourite book for his daughter is Love you Forever. "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living my baby you'll be".
3 The trees are starting to bud. I'm excited by the prospect of an early show of green leaves. Although truth be told it's so very green here we might have to mow the lawns soon.

No comments: