Monday 5 September 2011

Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday

1 I'm always a bit sheepish when I've got to do a catchup blog but really happy that I was too busy doing fun stuff to keep up!

2 We did some very touristy trips with Nick and Sara these past few days. One of my favourites was Cathedral Grove. It's an old growth forest and we take some paths to see roots and trees and gorgeous hanging mosses.

3 Cattails are one of my favourite things. They are so statuesque and seem to grow out of nothing.
4 Sara's first family picnic. We went to a spot on Cameron Lake. 
5 They snuggle together under a blanket to protect themselves from a cool breeze along the shore.
6 Nick comes up with a great solution to get rid of the wasps that come to visit our picnic. He takes the napkins and some of our chicken bones and puts them away from our table under a tree. All the bees head there and leave us be. When we go to leave Russ carefully takes the napkin and a hoard of bees arrive to protect their booty but they're too late.
7 Sara is having a lot of firsts on her trip to Canada. She rides the motorcycle with Russ and the following day is riding on her own. What a girl! 
8 Mini golf turns out to be the 'oldies' against the 'youngins'. It's all in good fun. Losers serve the winners dessert in the hot tub. Nick and Sara win and get ice cream, fresh fruit and fresh chocolate chip cookies!
9 I'm so happy to see Nick and to meet Sara. Russ was home. Christopher, Michie and Isabelle were here. My heart is filled. So much love for them. ♥
10 It's a flurry of activity this morning. Russ left at 5am then the kids stopped by to pick up some things they forgot yesterday at 6:30am. 
11 I go back to sleep and wake to a warm ray of sun on my cheek.
12 I'm thinking of going on holiday this week. It's a maybe, but fun to consider regardless.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your cheeks must be hurting from smiling so much! Nice to see... you look fantastic!

Leonora said...

I understand why your heart is full with all the family under one roof at the same time! It's a rare treat.
I like the photo taken in the forest. Those trunks are HUGE!