Thursday 7 April 2011

music, four arms and seeds

1. We spent time in the office this morning I was on my laptop just geekin' and Russ was doing homework and saving the world with his CBC posts. He 'has a Simon and Garfunkel song stuck in his head. He plays it a few times and then puts on other tunes of theirs. I mention I like a song and he says "It's their best song because it is called Kathy's
Song'. He smiles that smile and then we listen to it and I cry at the beauty of it and because I'm touched by Russ' words.  He says he's going to cry too if I don't stop my tears.

2. Sometimes we hold back the words we really want to say. Today I said them. I said " Chris we are so proud of you." And I meant every word. He's an amazing man. We hugged and it felt good, we meant it and we both felt it.

3. The yard is almost done. Just have the raspberries to thin and some grass to dig out in one bed. Tomorrow I am planting the two small raised veggie beds. What should I plant?
I hear the drizzle of the rain
Like a memory it falls
Soft and warm continuing
Tapping on my roof and walls.

And from the shelter of my mind
Through the window of my eyes
I gaze beyond the rain-drenched streets
To England where my heart lies.

My mind's distracted and diffused
My thoughts are many miles away
They lie with you when you're asleep
And kiss you when you start your day.

And as a song I was writing is left undone
I don't know why I spend my time
Writing songs I can't believe
With words that tear and strain to rhyme.

And so you see I have come to doubt
All that I once held as true
I stand alone without beliefs
The only truth I know is you.

And as I watch the drops of rain
Weave their weary paths and die
I know that I am like the rain
There but for the grace of you go I. 

No comments: