Saturday 30 December 2017

December Catch Up

Holy wow time sure goes by fast at times especially with lots of work and holidays as well. Here are a few highlights for the past few weeks.

1 My 60th birthday was a smashing success. Mr P surprised me with a family dinner that was heart rending and so beautiful. Loved having my tribe celebrate with me.
1a Izzy and Kesler's Christmas concert. She was with her class and did a James Brown tribute to Jesus and Kesler was a sweet angel. So proud of him for being awesome. Izzy rocked it too. That girl has moves!

2. Trip to the interior to visit with our family and friends. First stop to see my brother, and then sister, which was so needed. Then off to Nelson for 2 nights with our best friends the Smiths. Open house, and more friends, and a Monday morning with 2 breakfasts and a coffee date before we even left for home. Great time with everyone. Thank you.

3. A 2 day sleepover was THE best. We did everything Christmas, colouring, painting, wrapping, ribbons, and bows, cooking, and baking, and decorating everything possible including the cat. Izzy especially loved doing  the Super Secret stuff for their Daddy & Mommy. Kesler loved his bedtime snuggles.
3a, Daddy says, "Thanks! Two  nights of good sleep! And God bless us everyone!"

4 Snow, snow snow!

5 Christmas with everyone and I got to make all the stockings!!! NINE. Each one had an orange in the toe and a piece of coal on top!
5a The roasted turkey with cranberry glaze that Michie made was amazingly delicious. I realized in that first bite how much I enjoy other people's cooking!
5b. Playing Pandemic and actually playing this time. No interruptions means we can get right into it. I love playing games or doing puzzles after a feast!

6 I have a loved one who is in serious condition in hospital. Please send  your prayers up so blessings may come down.

7 Our youngest son Nick has gone overseas for Christmas break. He left with 2 of his international students and they spent 2 days in China, (Shanghai and Hanghou) then off to Dubai for two weeks. All expenses paid! How awesome is that??

8 Chris is getting half days at work until after the new year. Luxury!

9. She says, "Remember, you are blessed. YOU ARE BLESSED."

10 I am enjoying knitting so much. I learned the brioche stitch yesterday and it will definitely be in my next project.

11 New Years 2018. New beginnings.



No comments: