Monday 12 March 2012

dreamy, my brother and barley

1 A trip to the hot tub and an early night. I need sleep.


2 A phone call with  my brother is encouraging. He's been going on home visits almost daily and is making excellent progress. I'm so pleased he is sounding happy. I'm looking forward to seeing him and spending time together.


3 A pot of barley soup that takes on a life of its own. I think I put in way too much barley because every time I would check on it the liquid would be gone. Eventually I surrendered and put it into containers in the freezer hoping it would stop the barley from multiplying even more!

1 comment:

Leonora said...

#3 reminds me of a comedy (An old I Love Lucy episode perhaps?) where someone was cooking rice an it kept multiplying and boiled all over the place. I usually add more barley to my recipes because it doesn't look like enough and then, Poof!, it's too much.