Tuesday 23 January 2018

service, thoughts, and snow day

Somewhere in my dreams tonight
I'll see you standing there
You look at me with a smile
"Life isn't always fair"
You say you were chosen for his garden
His preciously hand picked bouquet
"God really needed me,
That's why I couldn't stay"
It's said to be that angels
Are sent from above
I've always had my angel
My brother - whose heart was filled with love
Wherever the ocean meets the sky
There will be memories of you and I
When I look up at that sky so blue
All I see are visions of you
"While there's a heart in me, you'll be a part of me."
 1 The service was quiet, respectful, and something Danny would have loved. My family and friends were there and we supported each other. It was overwhelming at times, and I could see how his death affected so many people in a positive way. I hope we can take Dan's positive attitude and make it our legacy too.
1a I am sad my sister didn't come but am glad she's alive and recovering.

2 I'm lost in my thoughts again. Thinking about the past, what might have been, and hopeful for the future. We did a personal development course on the weekend which created this introspection. It's good to look inside and see the things we bring to the table. See the things that shape our decisions, and adjust as needed. Remind me to tell you the story of the beans.

3 The snow comes again. The flakes are huge and stick to the ground once they've landed.  I like the look and smell of fresh snow but like most people I think I'm ready for spring to arrive. Sigh, it's only January.


No comments: