Friday 6 April 2012

trillium, walking, dog and their owners and in the garden

 1 When we were first dating he introduced me to the trillium plant. In fact one year I got one in a pot to plant in our yard from him and the boys. It's special to us. So today when we were out walking he noticed one on the side of the pathway and mentioned it to me. I like it so much when these connections suddenly are with us. 
2 We spend the morning walking on a new trail in our neighbourhood. The sun on my face is warm and I notice I keep turning my face to the sky to drink in as much as I can. 
3 We encounter some dog walkers on our way. It's interesting to see how people train or don't train their pets. How their owners behave is tell tale.
4 We spend time in the garden in the late afternoon and get a big chunk of ivy out of the side bed. Its roots are deep and invasive but my man flexes his muscles and it's out in no time flat. I notice some of the existing plants have roots above ground. The soil isn't the greatest there so tomorrow we will add more soil to the beds.

No comments: