Saturday 27 July 2019

I did it, window washer, and yellow bit

1 When you have 2 days off and a lovely woman from your FB garden group offers you FREE irises!! What would any proper gardener do? You called it...I made a new garden bed. 20 x 3 ft !! I dug out the sod myself, and planted a few other lovelies besides irises.
Having a flower bed in the backyard started a few years ago. We had an extremely steep backyard and Mr P brought in 100 hydraulic dump trailers of fill, then a few more of topsoil. This dirt had one blub and 3 rocks!! The rest was beautiful black rich soil to which I added 3 bags of garden soil for good measure. Fingers crossed this garden likes it new space and fills in quickly.


2 When you polish the windows and can see outside. Oh it's not smokey after all. 

3 A lovely new echinacea that I recently planted. I think the yellow is rather striking. I can't wait for more buds to open.

No comments: