Saturday 29 January 2011

sister, smile and birds

1. I spent some time talking with my sister on the phone today. She and I have a telephone relationship, meaning we seem to communicate better this way. Somewhere along the way, with me mostly living away from where she lives we've created this place for ourselves.

2. Getting a smile from a stranger and giving one back.

3. We recently moved one of the bird feeders closer to the house so we can see the birds a little better and to make it more of a challenge for the cat to catch the birds. Lately, she's been getting too many and is developing a pooch of sorts. I like the little black and white birds. They flit from branch to branch, in and amongst the pine, cedar and arbutus trees. When the branches flutter I get wondering, is that a cat or bird in there?

No comments: