Saturday 9 December 2017

tree time, memories, and hindsight is 20/20

1 The Christmas tree went up yesterday but not lights or decorations. Just up. There was just not enough time for it before work. Truth be told, I was just glad it was up. Today it's a different story, it's all lit and decorated.

1a As we are putting the tree in it's spot, Mr says to me, "I think there are too many lower branches on this side." Of course being me, I need to have it all decorated first and then we cut and trim. Oh ya, we trimmed and he liked being able to give me the "I told you so" look. I don't mind, it's exactly as I like it.

2 He put the song, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" onto the stereo and we listen to a remix. It elicits both happy, exciting and yet sad memories for me. I think it's the longing in the song that is so poignant to me.

3 The flu is making the rounds in each household. I really should have bought shares in Kleenex and ginger ale, oh and yes Tylenol, Advil and the ever popular cough and cold remedies. Get well soon lovies.

No comments: