Sunday 1 May 2011

a saying, the door locked and trees

1. She said to me, 'there you are' and it reminded me of a Winnie the Pooh toy that Isabelle has that says the same thing when you press the button.


2. Okay so I pulled a good one today. I had brought in the spare key last night because there were car alarms going on off and I'm home alone and then this morning decided to take something out to the garage. For some reason both locks were on. hmmm Well, the door shuts and I think, "s#@*" and know instantly I am locked out of the house, no key hidden. What to do? Chris and Michie are 2 hours away and $30 for ferry costs and I'm dressed but in sock feet! So I walk around the house a couple of times thinking that somehow a window will magically open...but no that doesn't happen. An idea hits me in the head!! I'll get a sledgehammer and just bang off the inside doorknob. Well, hot damn if that didn't work. Of course we need a new door knob and a piece of wood where the latch goes but I nailed up the trim again, put some tape on the latch and it's perfect from the inside!
And I am inside not locked out AND the door still works!


3. Smelling the apple blossoms. 

No comments: