Sunday 22 May 2011

May 20, 21, 22

Well, I've been under the weather . I'm still fighting a headache but regardless I'm back now.. so this blog will be my catchup for the past 3 days!
xo


1. The bird feeders are full and the birds have resumed feasting. I love the look of the red headed male finch. They are very quick so I'll have to fiddle with the settings on my camera and see if I can catch one or two on film.


2. They want my company. I am deeply touched. I often wondered if it would be this way and the love, the invitation makes my eyes wet.


3. Kosha cuddles on my lap while I try to knit. Eventually she gives up her spot for a lounge near the baseboard heater.


4. I picked all the black spotted leaves off of the climbing rose bush I brought  to the island from Nelson. It seems much happier and the new growth is lush and green and not diseased. It only gets watered from below so that might be the answer. It's now planted near the front door. I'd like to build some horizontal lattice for it to grow underneath the front windows. If/when it blooms it will smell amazing there.


5. I've been moving rocks to the back utility trailer. My arms are starting to feel stronger.


6. Nicholas gave us a link to streaming sports games. We haven't had a tv in about 10 years and haven't watched much. Now when the kids are here they can watch hockey and baseball and other sports they like and not just listen on the radio. Thanks Nick!
 http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=icehockey

7. He calls me every night. Last night he was missing us all and we are missing him. Soon we start the countdown...Okay let's start now. 15 days until he is coming home.


8. The hummingbirds like the new location of their feeder. It's easier to get to and I think they feel safer.


9. I love listening to their interaction about sports. They are both well informed and banter back and forth about players, coaches, refereeing and their 'picks'.

No comments: