Saturday 21 February 2015

what was I up to?

1 Work, work, and more work. Sometimes the monotony is palpable and yet there's a certain comfort in the paycheque and the consistency.
2 The chiropractor says that the ligament in my hip is sprained. I concur and hope that the stretching and light walking will help.
3 Tula loves sleeping on her back. It looks dog-like and very submissive. She stretches her from legs high above her head and apparently isn't ticklish at all because we scratch her in her armpit and she purrs even louder.
4 Sara makes amazing cookies. Peanut butter, chocolate chip, oatmeal cookies to be exact. Crispy on the outside and gooey and soft on the inside.
5 Izzy doesn't want to go home and she's sad. Uncle Nick works hard to make her smile and when she does, Grampa says, "Isabelle, you have a beautiful smile." She smiles brighter even though the tears.
6 Turtle or hare? Turtle.
7 Are we moving into spring or is winter still fooling with us? In the early morning there's ice on the windshield but by afternoon it's warmed up and sunny.
8 The tulips are up about two inches or more in the one pot. Tula appears to have messed with some of the other planters and it'll be anyone's guess if there are flowers this season.
9 I miss G. It feels like she's been away forever and we haven't really had a chance to catch up in ages. I missed her call today because I was working and my phone was doing a crazy hangup so hopefully tomorrow we can talk for a bit.
10 Nick and Sara are spending the weekend with Chris and family just up the road. It's a strange feeling to know they are 10 minutes away but still it feels as far away as China.
11 No work for me tomorrow. We have been planning a date day and it's been put off long enough. How does this sound? Breakfast at IHOP, a walk in the woods, a bit of shopping and possibly an afternoon nap. mmmm, yes to all.
12 I'm so appreciative of this man that I share my life with. He makes me smile.

No comments: