Wednesday 28 May 2014

secondly, scanned, and dry

1 A second afternoon shift and things are definitely quieter at work. I get the chance to read procedure manuals, take notes and breathe! I think I can do this job after all.
2 A letter arrives from the Department of Justice that tells me I have to get fingerprinted to complete my criminal record check for work. I work with the 'Vulnerable Sector' so it's important to get it done. It's unnerving but needs doing. Cell Block C is scary and suffocating and a real jail. Ugh, it was awful. I'm glad it's done and the results will be on file so I don't have to repeat it.
3 The drive home tonight is in the rain. Big sheets of rain that almost look like snow or hail. The closer to home I get the drier it gets and by the time I'm about 10  minutes from home the roads are dry, the moon is high and the clouds are gone.

No comments: