Wednesday 14 August 2013

Catching up...

Yikes it's hard to post when there is so much activity going on! I admit it's wonderful to have everyone here.

1 We have two 7 year old Chinese children staying with us for the week. Diva and Mark.
2 This house is usually so quiet so it's nice to hear laughter and chatter.
3 They are enrolled in Day Camp and settle in quiet nicely. They've got little booklets with them that have key phrases for survival. I especially like, " I have to pee" and "Call Nick or Sara". Sara says the most important page is our phone numbers. I think I'd have to agree on that one.
4 What a busy day! The kidlets are off for a day of activities including swimming at the wave pool. Later we take them to a small beach to play in the sand and they make a sandcastle with a giant moat, more hot tub after a dinner of chicken wings and egg/tomato soup, and finally baking and decorating cupcakes.
5 I'm ever so grateful for the editing work that has come my way. I love the instant gratification of this type of work.
6 Ah, my bed and a snuggler beside me.
7 The farmers market is so much bigger this week. There are twice as many vendors and we pick up some fresh figs.
8 The children have fun buying cookies and practicing their English. They order pizza and have fun watching it being made in front of them and then cooked in fired oven!
9 My camera is in for maintenance and I'm feeling like I'm missing a limb. Luckily for me I am intact!

1 comment:

Leonora said...

I like #3 and #7. What a great week!