Sunday 3 March 2013

walking in the sun, seedy sunday, and hypnotized

1 My friend and I power walk around Westwood Lake again today, big difference in the day was sunshine! I wish I had the right words to tell you how it felt to finally, finally, feel sun on my face and the warmth from it. We have had a lot of rain this winter, so this is more than welcome. Can you tell?
2 Seedy Sunday. Every year some of the local farmers and growers meet for an afternoon of selling their seeds, plants, balms and treats, and workshops at a local hall. Today, sunchokes were the find for me. Apparently they grow similar to potatoes, but have a slightly different taste, and the tops of the plants look like sunflowers. My purchase came with a warning. Plant them where you don't mind it they spread because apparently they will do just that. Ours will be planted in pots or planters.
3 The popping of wood and flickering of flames is hypnotizing me. The house was still cold even with the sunshine outside, so I built a fire in the wood stove. Bit by bit it's warming each room. 

No comments: