Friday 4 January 2013

noodly, classy and please don't count down

1 We share his Christmas gift to me by both having massages! Mine is a one hour back massage with an RMT and he gets an India head massage. Both of us look a bit groggy when we meet up in the lounge afterwards.

2 A trip up island to Courtenay leads us to an amazing restaurant called, 'The Locals Restaurant.' Everything served is local; greens, fish, meats, sauces, even the wines. My meal is potato crusted cod served on a bed of greens and his is a seafood trio of salmon, halibut and tuna. The food is amazing. The restaurant matches the excellence of the food with it's simple but elegantly decorated space in soft hues of green, natural photography and touches of class.

3 Two more sleeps and he's gone again. We try not to think of it and just enjoy our time together. He softly holds my hand while we are driving and that feeling makes its way into my memory treasure box.

1 comment:

Leonora said...

Happy New Year! It's nice to hear that you are still in holiday mode by enjoying your gifts to one another and dining out. We have a similar restaurant here called "Local Roots". Your local fare of seafood sounds delicious.

Please email me your mailing address so I may send you a surprise this year! I'm really looking forward to it : )