Saturday 15 December 2012

a little catching up to do dec 13, 14, 15

1 A trip to the airport yields us a wayward electrician. He is weary but his tired lines fade as he sees Nick and Sara. There are big hugs all around followed by lots of chatter, a good meal that culminates in naps for the three of them. 

2 The sushi restaurant brings him the biggest bowl of miso we've ever seen. It's hot steamy and full of goodness for his tender tummy.

3 The two of them spend ages in the hot tub talking about what's been going on with them both. There's a lot of catching up to do after a year and a half.

4 We tackle Costco and they are like kids in a candy store. They like to take enough of the harder to find things back to China with them. It appear they just might need to buy another duffel bag for all the treasures.

5 Our Christmas tree came from the woods this year. It seemed like a good idea to go out and do the real deal for Sara. She's never seen Christmas so it's all new to her. The tree they pick out is just the perfect size and shape. She even gets the honor of carrying it out of the bush...you can judge for yourselves how big the tree was if a wisp of a girl can carry it and lift it up shoulder height!

6 I had just gotten a pedicure so my toes/feet were in flip flops from the salon, so Nick carries me across the muddy road to check out the trees. They find one but I suggest they look further, so off they go but I can't follow. Good lord my feet are warm and now my flip flops are frozen to the ground. When I lift my foot they break and suddenly I am stranded to that very spot! Lucky for me Nick lifts me up and carries me back to the truck and deposits me right into the front seat. What an adventure!

7 There are horse pulled trolley rides through the center of the old part of town. It's  fund raiser and we thoroughly enjoy it, especially when the horses decided to make a run for it.

8 The two of them have decorated the tree for us. Lights, lights and balls of all kinds. The special touch is a red velvet garland my mom and dad purchase for my very first Christmas.

9 What a wonderful family I am blessed to be a part of. I love you all. Thank you for making this day special in every way. And to my beloved husband~ best love.

1 comment:

Leonora said...

It's not even Christmas yet and you've had this much fun!
I love your flip flop story- made me laugh : )That scene belongs in a movie somewhere.