Tuesday 27 November 2012

tom, catch up and truth

1 I'm a Tom Hanks fan. Recently it's been fun to watch some of his earlier work, Sleepless in Seattle, Castaway, Forrest Gump and tonight it was The Terminal. Wonderful film that focuses on the spirit of man and how we can triumph over adversity. Some of the subplots are implausible of course, after all it is Hollywood. Nonetheless, it was worth the watch.

2 It was a fun online chat with an old friend. We were such good and close friends when we lived in the interior and even though we are far away we every now and then have a chance to catch up. I miss him raiding our fridge, settling in on the futon and telling stories while drinking red wine. 


3 This little saying rings true for us. "It's not what's under the tree that matters, it's who's around it"

1 comment:

Leonora said...

I've enjoyed all of Tom Hanks movies- he is a great actor.
I especially like #3. This is what my kids are telling me this year!