Friday 5 October 2012

Oh dear...

Well as you might have guessed because 'the man' is home my 3bt posts have fallen by the wayside. So many things to be thankful for though so here's a brief synopsis of them.

1 Coaches are amazingly articulate. At least that's been my experience of late. He is so encouraging how could I not want to run? He tells me, "you're an athlete." I smile knowing my limitations and yet relish the word.

2 Avocados. Fresh and full of green goodness. As a child they reminded me of just a weird sort of butter, as an adult it's buttery deliciousness.

3 Hot tubs every night to warm us up.

4 Raccoons visit nightly. They love to try to get at the bird feeder and eat the bird seed but the feeder is 'animal' proof. They leave kitty alone and focus on the apples on the ground.

5 I'm in a mood and he laughs me out of it. Sometimes we just can't take things and ourselves that seriously. Ir's just not worth it.

6 Before I know it he's got the ladder out and is up the arbutus tree cleaning up some dead branches. It's not all that extraordinary until he's off the ladder and on the tree like a kid. His smile is ear to ear.

7 Our neighbour pops over to see what the noise is all about when he hears Russ up in the tree. In his Scottish brogue he says, "I had to come see what the noise was. I was sure it wasn't a woodpecker!"

8 The greenhouse provided great bounty of tomatoes and cucumbers, carrots and herbs. Now the tomatoes have powdery mildew and it's done. The greenhouse is cleaned out and we'll change out the soil soon.

9 It's fun to pick up the phone and just dial across to the other side of the world. Nick and Sara are pleasantly surprised when we call them this time. Neither of us have ever called China before and we're amazed at how clear and close he sounds.

10 More apple pies are made and frozen. These ones are blueberry and apple with a crumble topping. Winter will be a good season for us all.

11 There's a recipe for Salted caramel pear apple butter . It definitely looks worth trying out. After all with this many apples anything goes right?

12 Baked apple rings yes or no?




1 comment:

Leonora said...

All good and wonderful things! #5 is a great one : )
#12 Yes!