Monday 17 September 2012

picker, pruner and crooner

1 I've never picked blackberries before this summer. Russ and I would stop and stuff our faces halfway through our run. Today I head to 'the spot' we have found and fill two containers with the lovelies. Note to self: Wear long pants and long sleeves to avoid scratches next time!

2 Some of this summers flowers are finished or finishing so it's time to get out the gloves and shears and start cleaning up. Today it's the raspberries and a ton of goldenrod. I'm not sure I like goldenrod so much although the bumble bees do. It really seems to spread quickly and once it's in its spot, it might be there forever. Progress is made however and the truck box is now 1/4 full. Feels good to get 'er done.

3 It's a jungle out there. Today the serenade of critters includes birds, squirrels, dogs, the cat now and then mostly asking for her wet food, crickets and my buddy the tree frog. He's definitely the loudest and probably the smallest  too.

3 comments:

Leonora said...

This sounds like a perfect day!

beth said...

i love how you're grateful everyday for something and keep track of it !!

the plant gardener said...

thanks! some days i have to dig pretty deep to get those grateful moments. i guess that just makes me appreciate them even more