Tuesday 7 August 2012

out of the blue, typhoon, ideas and homeward bound

1 It happened out of the blue. The whole house shook from it. Thunder! Then tons of rain coming down hard and fast. We rarely have thunderstorms on the island so it's unusual and exciting. It reminds me of the Kootenays, where I grew up. We'd all gather by the window with the best view and watch the lightening and count for the next thunderclap. One one thousand, two one thousand...

2 Our son in China texts me right after our storm passes to say that the they are in the middle of a typhoon. He says the rain comes sideways and most of Hangzhou is shut down. He's on the 18th floor. I wonder if his building sways? He laughs and says they are safe and have enough food and water for five days.

Typhoon Haikui 
Photos from Aug 6 2012 - Prelude to Typhoon Haikui

3 I find some ideas for the house...paint colours, fabric and blinds. hmmm Must remember to pace myself.

4 One more sleep for me, one more night shift for him and he's home. ♥

1 comment:

Leonora said...

The two weather experiences on opposite sides of the ocean are interesting!
I count "sleeps" when Steve's away too. : )