Sunday 10 July 2011

wood, go and asleep

1. The woodshed is quickly filling up. We thought it would fit four cords but most likely it'll be three. They work together and split and stack the wood. Izzy comes out to help and navigates the woodpile with skill, stepping sideways and missing all the big pieces. 
2. She loves it outside so much. She totally understands me now when I say, 'let's go outside' She's starting to say go too.
3. Grandpa is outside with the power washer, so we head outside to investigate. She's curious and not afraid but doesn't want to be put down. She hangs onto my neck with her arms and puts her head on my shoulder. I hold her close and sway and hum as we watch him work. My back gets sore so we sit on the steps and she is on my lap facing him and holding my hands. He smiles at us and nods telling me she's fallen asleep. 

1 comment:

Leonora said...

You describe #3 so clearly, catching the nuances of holding a child and having her drift off to sleep.
My vote for today- water!( Weather permitting, of course.)!