Friday 22 July 2011

tutorial, gardens, bark and bay leaves

1. I like doing things on the computer but sometimes it's nice to have someone step in to do it quicker and easier. Still, I like learning and will have to find a tutorial to figure it out.
2. The gardens called me today. It was a pleasure to stake the honeysuckle on a trellis, weed and dig out some purple campanulas that were taking over. I've planted a lilac and some phlox in its place.
3. The wood stacking went rather well today. I like the smell of cedar and fir. I'm not sure I like the thickness of the bark on some of the pieces but I'm assured that in a hot stove it will keep up toasty and work out just fine.
4. At the post office a woman runs in and gives some homegrown bay leaves to the clerk who is very appreciative. As I am leaving the clerk offers me some of hers. Pay it forward. I'm going to cut some of my rosemary plant for her. That will be a nice surprise for the nice clerk.

No comments: