Sunday 17 April 2011

no tears, his dress and down

1. This morning it was time for Russ to head to a job in a mining camp a few hours northwest of Prince George. He'll be gone for 21 days then he will come home for a week. He'll be doing this job for three months then hopefully will have more EI time. We hugged tightly when he left. I did not cry in front of him. He smiled when he realized I was going to be strong for him, for us.

2. I hung up the robe, he laughingly calls it his dress, next to mine on the back of the door. It smells clean like him.

3. The feather pillows I'd bought ages ago really haven't seen much use because they are overstuffed and not so comfortable. So I opened them up and took out about half the feathers from each pillow. The pillows are soft and squishy now. The extra feathers are in the burning barrel in the backyard. When the wind blows a few of them take flight. I'm wondering where they'll land.

No comments: